The high level of Medical SPA Unitral services is the standard based on the newest generation of medical equipment. In order to provide you with a complex offer – as the first in that part of the coast- we opened a modern cryogenic chamber. Cryotherapy is a salutary touch of cold, which heals, strengthens joints and immunity, and rejuvenates.
Thanks to this very popular method of healing with cold, we achieve wonderful results in healing many diseases, e.g. joints inflammation, rheumatism, neurosis, neuropathy, depression and even some symptoms of menopause.
The treatment speeds up post-traumatic rehabilitation and eases back pains. Cryotherapy is often used by sports medicine.
For the healthy but tired, it is a great form of biological regeneration and stimulates immunity to diseases.
How does it work read more
The air in the cryogenic chamber is cooled with liquid nitrogen to - 110°C, or even - 160°C, and the sessions last 2-3minutes. Paradoxically, for a few seconds you feel warm. This is a wonderful gymnastics for the circulatory system, first the vessels contract and then relax. They are getting stronger , what is particularly important with fragile and rupturing vessels and predisposition to varicose.
First the blood vessels narrow down, blood flow decreases and metabolism lowers down. Later organism, defending itself from cold, widens blood vessels increasing the blood flow even 4 times, what increases skin temperature to 8°C. This enhances metabolism, oxygenates and nourishes the deeply located tissues. After the treatment the organism warms up, which is much better than doing it with the outside energy. Cryotherapy intensifies the concentration of many hormones and neurotransmitters, e.g. endorphins, cortisol, adrenaline, noradrenaline, testosterone. In the nervous system the impulse transmission is getting slower, which lowers muscle tension.
Effects? Younger and supple skin and an injection of energy. The skin is smooth and delicate, we feel energetic, relaxed, even happy.
How to use the cryogenic chamber? read more
- Before you have to take your pulse and blood pressure.
- You shouldn’t take a shower and put on any cream or body lotion.
- Leave jewellery, watch and any metal objects in the locker room.
- You should wear: a cap or a headband, face mask, bathing suit, gloves, thick socks, clogs; it is best if the dress is cotton.
- Do not forget a towel
- We don’t stand still in the cryogenic chamber , we move all the time breathing shallowly and slowly; don’t touch any walls.
- Leave the chamber after the sound signal.
- A series of 10 to 30 treatments , possibly every day, gives the best results.
Kinesitherapy (movement therapy)is an essential complement to cold healing. The cooled organism has to get back to normal, so movement is necessary. When you leave the cryogenic chamber there is a sudden blood supply to the whole body. Muscles are relaxed, the joint are more flexible, so it is possible to do different exercises. Next to the cryogenic chamber there is a gym with professional MATRIX® equipment. Individual training with a professional physiotherapist lasts here about 30minutes. You can practice on training bikes, steppers, elliptical ascent trainer , horizontal rower or treadmill.
Cryotherapy strengthens your muscles and joint read more
Cold therapy is recommended for motor system diseases- particularly joints inflammation, rheumatism, post-traumatic rehabilitation and back pains. Neurological diseases are also cured by cold therapy. Treatments in the cryogenic chamber help body function, increase joint mobility range, muscle strength and hormone concentration. This creates perfect rehabilitation conditions, which can be longer and more intensive. The cryogenic chamber is particularly recommended for sports medicine and the body regeneration after strenuous activity. It eases pain, enhances weight and endurance training, heals joint and soft tissue injuries (sprain, contusion, dislocation).
It builds up immunity. read more
Sessions in the cryogenic chamber are a perfect way to build up resistance to infections. Low temperature and effort stimulate secreting hormones such as endorphins- the hormones of happiness. That is why cryotherapy is recommended for neurosis, fatigue and mood depression. In men it increases testosterone secretion; in women it eases the menopause symptoms. Cryotherapy makes you feel better and happier.
It regenerates body and mind. read more
Cold is also an effective way of biological regeneration, clearly delaying the aging effects. Deep relaxation of the whole body, better mood and lack of fatigue are felt for a long time. After a series of treatments the organism is cleansed and regenerated, the skin is smooth, taut and its texture is improved. It reduces cellulite and accompanied with a special diet enhances slimming down.
Cryotherapy not for all read more
- chronic joints diseases, arthrochondritis, e.g. rheumatism, psoriasic joint inflammation, gout, Bechterev disease, Reiter syndrome, collagen disease, lupus erythematosus, degenerative joint changes, among others PHS
- back pains, discopathy post operation condition
- tendon inflammation, fibromyalgia
- post injury condition: sprain, contusion, dislocation, algodystrophy syndrome, joint contracture, swelling, scars pains
- osteoporosis prevention
- neurological diseases – spastic paresis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, polio, neuritis
- immunological defects autoimmunity and collagen diseases
- depression, insomnia, migraines
- paroxysmal tachycardia, diabetes, small varicose veins
- in biological regeneration and building up immunity to infections
- haemorrhoids, fistula, delayed union of fractured bones
- heart and circulatory diseases, such as: circulatory failure, arrhythmia, post infarction condition, coronary heart disease, arterial hypertension
- cryoglobulinaemia, cold haemoglobinuria
- hypersensitivity to cold, frostbite
- kidney and urinary bladder diseases
- trophic disturbances, dysaesthesia, polyneuropathy
- microcirculatory disturbances, like atherosclerosis, diabetes, venous insufficiency
- children younger than 10
- Raynaud disease
- Strong reaction to the “cold pressure test”
- Lung diseases
- Cachexy, starvation
- Acute infections, fever
- Thrombotic vein status